Friday, March 6, 2009

Fun Fruit Friday...

Oh you're dying to know what a title like "fun fruit friday" could possibly entail...

That's right people...from now on, every Friday I'll be giving you the "fruit-by-fruit" comparison of how Baby Perks is sizing up to his or her fellow babies in the produce section!  (If I'm being honest with myself and my readers, and if you know the Perks Family AT ALL, then you know this kid is destined have a sliver, chunk, large part-oh hell with it-this kid is going to be competitive.  Remember...Mommy Perks is already gunning for the title of "best pusher" in the delivery room?!?  

Anyways, the nifty internet is filled with all kinds of strange ways to "size-up" your baby, so I thought...why not go with fruit? We all love a nice piece of citrus every now and again right?  I know I've been trying to eat a lot of it these days.  I think Baby Perks enjoys oranges and strawberries most-just like Mommy.

So-drumroll please...
Week 16-AvacadoSo isn't that fancy?!?  My child is currently being compared to what can only be classified as the "armpit" of the produce section.  Oh come on-you know you were thinking it.  Who wakes up on a sunny saturday morning, yawns, and thinks...welp, better peel and enjoy a quick avacado before I get my 5-miler in!  That's right-NOBODY.  Now of course, you have to realize, in week 15 our child was a navel orange, and I'm sure in the weeks to come he/she will rise back up into the proud rankings of fruits and vegetables that people actually give a damn about.  However...for our child to be known as an "avacado" on the first official "Fun Fruit Friday" is an utter disappointment.

Tune in next week,  as I try to pick up the pieces of my little one's broken ego.  He or she is currently rolling thier eyes at me for the first time in their life.

4 comments:

Ang said...

Girlfriend...I LOVE avocado!! Guacamole anyone? And I love it even more now that I an correlate it with your fetus! So glad you, daddy Perks and baby Perks are doing well. I can't wait to find out the sex and the name...keep us posted. MUAHHHH!

Lisa Williams said...

Ang hit it on the head! The avacado is SO important because you can't make a good guacamole without it! And everyone knows how I adore Mexican food! Yay! Your baby is getting bigger and bigger by the minute. Glad to hear all is well. Love you!

Lisa

Rachie said...

You know better (as the previous posters have stated) than to hate on our precious guac!! Baby Perks will be the cutest little guac ever:). I just know you are glowing these days. Just know it.

Erin said...

Linds-an avocado is awesome. I can't believe you wouldn't be more excited about this (as a huge mexican lover)! Screw grapefruit or lemon's-avocado's have personality!