Saturday, April 25, 2009

10 Answers I Wish I Had Posted On My Forehead...

It's a funny thing being pregnant.  You spend your days trying to wrap your brain around the fact that your stomach is housing a real, live, evolving human being.  It's an insanely incredible miracle.  There's truly no better feeling in the world than sitting down after a hard days work to spend some QT with Daddy Perks and my sweet baby boy as he kicks away in my belly.  

One of the greatest perks of being pregnant is how incredibly loved and supported I've felt through my amazing journey of becoming a mother.  This support obviously starts with my husband who is too perfect for words.  His unyielding love and support over the past six months has made me fall more in love with him than I ever knew to be possible. There's literally no other person in the world I'd rather have standing beside me as we stand on the threshold of parenthood, ready to welcome our little Henry into the world.

Beyond Daddy Perks-my family, friends, and even perfect strangers have also shared in the excitement of my ever-expanding belly.  As my belly continues to grow, I welcome the stares, smiles, belly rubs,  and even free advice from the many women whom I've never met that have no qualms about coming up to me in public places and inquiring about my pregnancy.  Which brings me to the title of  my post.  Here are the top ten most popular questions  (and my answers) that perfect strangers feel inclined to ask me and my belly as we go about our daily routine...

1. When are you due?  August.

2. How far along are you?  24 weeks/6 months.

3. Do you know what you're having?  A boy.

4. Do you have a name picked out? Yes. Henry Issac.

5. Is that a family name?  No.  

6. How are you feeling?  Depends on the day.  If you asked me in December I told  you that I was sick of running towards and hugging toilets for the better part of my days. If you asked me in February I toId you that I was feeling a type of exhaustion I didn't know exisited.  If you asked me in early March I told you that pregnancy migraines coupled with vomiting are highly overrated and inconvenient. However if you ask me on most days I'll tell you that I'm feeling blessed, thankful, elated and so so so excited to become a Mommy.

7. Have you decorated the nursery yet?  No.  I'm savoring the last few nights that our current guest bedroom still has a bed in it that I can make Daddy Perks go sleep in when Henry and I "need our space."

8. Do you have a theme for the nursery picked out yet?  Yes. Monkeys.

9. Are you excited about becoming a mom? Duh.

10. Can you feel the baby move yet?  Yes.  He's a kicking machine.

2 comments:

Rachie said...

You are making me feel bad. I asked a friend at church today the classic "how you do you feel?" question. I wanted to kick myself as soon as the words came out of my mouth. I have become one of those typical maternal interrogators. Go figure. Love you.

Aunt La La said...

LOL. I love you, Shubs. I don't comment as much as I should, but I ADORE reading your blog. You are SO talented. I'm coming to KY soon and would love to couple my visit w/ yours (especially if you're heading to visit Rachie and AWW) .... I can't wait to see you and your adorable belly :) xoxoxo