Friday, April 24, 2009

PERK of the Day.

Holy Pregnancy.

It's been a week since I've posted.  Already my son must think- "geesh, I guess Mommy only loves me enough to think about me once every seven days."  QUITE the contrary.  In fact, there's been so much going on in the Perks household, that I've had to put one of my favorites perks on the back burner lately-writing.  However, I'm happy to say that this weekend I should be able to get back in the groove and settle into daily posting once again.

I would spend this post giving you the typical "Fun Fruit Friday" update...however-apparently Henry is going to stay the size of a papaya for the next few weeks.  Although, I'd beg to differ-seeing as how my belly seems to be housing a watermelon these days.  And that blissful summer delicacy that we all enjoy so much (except for those pesky black seeds) has made my days of peaceful slumber long gone.  I officially spend my nights tossing and turning, longing for the perfect position in which Henry and I can coexisit in the same hemisphere and both get a little shut-eye.  And of course he wants to sleep all day and PLAY all night.  I think he may be taking in-utero karate lessons between the hours of 12 and 2 am.  

SO...since there will be no fruity update...I'll instead go old school with a PERK of the day.  Hopefully many of you will share in my excitement for this perk as we finally make the turn into what is ABSOLUTELY my favorite season.  Summer is knocking on our doorstep as we round out April and head for May.  How can you not love waking up to the sunshine and a 3-day weekend forecast of 80 degree & sunny weather?!?  The seasonally depressed should should drag themselves out of the trenches, and get out to enjoy the lovely gift the weather gods are granting us over the next few days.  I'm like a kid in a candy shop just thinking about it. 

Daddy, Henry & I have a full weekend of family, friends, and fun in store and I will be busting out a few new additions to my maternity wardroble...move over MJ's...I now also have im my possession a pair of black shorts AND dress white pants which also possess that blissful stretchy waistband that my mid-section has come to know and love so much.

How will you be spending your weekend of fun IN (or out) of the SUN?!?

2 comments:

Jaime Burke said...

Thank goodness you posted! I look forward to this as a captive of the house! LOL! love you - calling this weekend! miss you!

Rachie said...

FINALLY!!! I will be going to a friend's wedding, a party in honor of another friend and cuddling with my little dude. You must get me shower dates as soon as they are available. MUST. MARK. THEM. DOWN. MUST. SEE. YOU.