Friday, February 20, 2009

PERK of the day...

Who doesn't love a good Friday?!?  Seriously, the pure joy of waking up on a Friday knowing the end of the workweek is on the horizon is enough to make me smile.  NOT to mention, it's JEANS Friday.  That's right folks...it doesn't take much to whip a teacher into a frenzy of joy and excitement.  Just the pure bliss of knowing she can wake up, slip on her brand new super stretchy maternity jeans and trot off to school with the knowledge that it doesn't matter what she eats all day.  Now, let me be clear...my current love affair with maternity jeans is something that deserves an entire post all by itself.  I know that God was smiling down on women when he thought..."you know what?  Women work hard. So hard in fact, that I'm going to design a cute pair of jeans for their ever expanding pregnant belly.  These jeans will not only provide her the utmost comfort, but also allow her to competely lose sight and concern of her waistline.  Never again, while wearing these jeans will women have a fat day."  Yes, that's right.  It's just the little things-ahem, or very big things elastic waistlines that can perk up a girl's day.  Ladies-shhhhh...I'm going to let you in on a little secret.  If you're not pregnant and currently rolling your eyes because you can't enjoy this perk...here's the deal: you may secretly purchase/wear these jeans for the following occasions without someone judging you:

*Thanksgiving

*Mexican Restaraunts

*Birthdays

*Italian Restaraunts

*Christmas

*Sunday mornings

*Any other restaraunt that provides you with a refined carboyhydrate to munch on while waiting for your meal.  This act is also known as gorging yourself to the point that when your meal arrives you're not even remotely hungry, in fact you're disgusted at what you ordered.  But you "take one for the team" and eat it anyways.

All I'm saying people is, it's Friday.  If you can't find the super stretchy maternity jean PERK in your day...relax-life's not so bad.  Feel free to leave a comment about the perk you're most looking forward to this weekend...if you can't think of your own perk, read the comments below and steal someone elses.  Your secret will be safe with me :)

4 comments:

Kristin Brown said...

So, I do not wear maternity jeans because I am not expecting, but I am a teacher and I LOVE Jeans and sweatshirt Friday!!! And knowing a sense of relief for a few days is a few hours away. But my perk this weekend is for sure happy hour in a few hrs and possibly the piano bar tonight!! I will have a few for you ;) By the way, its recess...cant you tell I am procrastinating planning!

Rachie said...

Another post already. Pure bliss. I am super jelly that I can't wear maternity pants anymore. Buttons are no fun. Have a great weekend, Miss Perky!:)

Catav said...

Um Shubs, can I admit that when I was a freshman in college I bought a pair of jeans from Wet Seal with an elastic waistline giving it the similar look of maternity jeans. I am proud to admit they were one of the best jeans I ever owned, but sadly can no longer fit into...p.s. see I am already obsessed with your lil blog my friend...LOVE IT!

Lee said...

Shubie - Congrats on the blog! I can already tell the site will be full of great posts. Thanks for always supporting our webbsites :) My weekend perk: Watchin the CATS beat the VOLS @ Rupp.