Friday, May 1, 2009

Fun Fruit Friday...

So apparently whoever came up with this fancy fruit-measuring-baby-sizing system got a little lazy during these weeks because for a while I'll be getting a monthly update rather than weekly...

I checked to see what size Henry is and apparently he'll be an eggplant for Weeks 25-28...

 
Baby Henry is 25 weeks old!

For some reason the only thing that comes to mind when I think of an eggplant is how my mother desperately wanted me to have my bridesmaids dress in the color eggplant for our wedding.  Well, I didn't grant her wish then, but thank god she can now go around bragging that her grandson is the color eggplant.  

"Let your spouse put an ear to your belly -- he might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat (no stethoscope required). Inside the womb, the formation of tiny capillaries is giving baby a healthy pink glow. Baby's also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes." 

Happy Friday y'all.

3 comments:

Erin said...

she also wanted your bridesmaid dresses the color of brown...or maybe that was you and she said no because it would clash with the carpet. anywho...i just remember the blown out fight about it at a mexican restaurant in downtown chicago. can we say AWKWARD :)

i'm excited henry is growing healthily. xoxo

Erin said...

i'd like to leave a follow up...is eggplant really a fruit? i think it's a veggie.

Cait said...

That is hilarious Erin! Obviously, you can't forget about the carpet!

These posts are getting better and better! I love the new heading, however, I'd like to request a new picture of you and the baby Henry belly?!

We'll miss you this week!

xoxo!