Saturday, May 23, 2009

So long 2nd Trimester...

Hello 3rd (AND FINAL) trimester!

 


bump updateMommy Perks @ 28 weeks...


 


Oh my goodness.  As I look at this picture I am realizing just how delusional a pregnant woman can be.  Why you ask? BECAUSE when I wore this lovely green dress out the other night, I had the audacity to ask my sweet husband...


"Honey?  Do you think people can tell I'm pregnant in this dress?"


Ha. Ha. Ha.


I'm sure y'all can assume what his answer was.  And FYI...Daddy Perks is REALLY GOOD at answering those tricky pregnancy questions I'm constantly asking him to keep his very-pregnant-wife feeling good about herself.  Whenever I mention that I'm feeling not-cute, or that my clothes no longer look good on me, or that I feel like I'm related to a beached whale, my husband always has the perfect response to drag me out of the trenches.  He's constantly telling me how beautiful I look, how amazing it is that I'm carrying our son, and how I can still rock a grey t-shirt...even if it looks like I'm storing a basketball underneath it. 


Here's the god's honest truth.  It's not all glitz and glam ladies.  


You may spend your days getting smiled at by lots of strangers,  having your co-workers rub your belly adoringly, and one fabulous hubby who makes you feel like a Victoria's Secret runway model when he sees you in your underwear...but I'll let you in on a little secret.  


Shhhhhhhhhhhh-are you nice and close so I can whisper?


You. still. have. fat. days.


Days where you wake up, drag yourself over to the closet, look at the clothes on the hanger, and quickly run back into bed hoping it was all just a nightmare dream that all your pants/shorts have nearly a foot of stretchy material just to ensure they'll fit over your growing mid-section.  


Days where you think-is it possible for me to avoid catching a profile shot of myself in a mirror?  (IMPOSSIBLE because that would mean you'd have to avoid all bathrooms which means you'd have to have some type of control over your bladder.)  Believe me when I say, I was out to dinner last night and used the restroom twice before the meal, twice during, and THREE TIMES after the meal before we left the restaurant.  I mean seriously...that's got to be competition for the guiness book of world records.


Days where you just plain miss slipping on your skinny jeans.


Now-don't get me wrong.  I have truly loved being pregnant.  And believe me when I say...giving up control over my body's expansion is totally worth the end result.  It's just that every once in a while, even a pregnant gal needs to vent about having a not-so-skinny day.


In other news...summer is offically here, and the Perks household finally broke down and turned the AC on the other night.  Stay tuned for details on why Daddy Perks decided a higher electric bill was definitely worth a cool* pregnant wife.  


*Cool=cold temperature.  


(Daddy Perks doesn't have to pay money to have the coolest* wife in town.)


*Coolest=smart, witty, beautiful, fun-to-be-around, hilarious...you get the idea.

9 comments:

Cait said...

Ohhh Linz, you look adorable!!! A high five to Daddy Perks for reminding you about that too!!!

Rinny said...

I just can't get over how big the girls are (and by girls, i'm clearly referring to the tata's)! I'm sure daddy perks appreciates those too. Can't wait to see the belly in a couple of weeks!

Tiff said...

You look beautiful! :)

abs said...

Just caught up on the last couple of posts...you look gorgeous in all of the pictures! I can't wait to see you and give Henry a big hug :)

Love you and miss you tons!!!

Rachie said...

You look awesome! It's all in the belly - nowhere else...except maybe the chest area. Love you!

Aunt La La said...

Aren't you just the cutest thing this side of the Mississippi? My how quickly these months have passed!!

xox

Catav said...

LINS-You look so stinkin' beautiful!!! You and Henry make quite a pair ;)!!!! Can't wait to see you...only one more month!!!

Abby said...

shubs, you are presh! and you look so stinkin' amazing that my pregnant self from last year is jealous!

Bethany said...

You look fantastic! Cheers to you for wearing such adorable clothes during your pregnancy. I thought I was cute during my first pregnancy, but you are flat out HOT!