Sunday, May 10, 2009

It's offical...

Henry LOVES weddings.  

I kid you not when I say...the minute I stepped foot into the reception of the Ison wedding  my little guy started kicking like CRAZY.  In fact, he was so active during the cocktail hour that several of my friends got to feel him move for the very first time!

There is honestly nothing cooler than grabbing the hand of a loved one and watching their eyes light up as they feel Henry kicking around inside his home...aka my growing belly.  I'm not sure if he was feeling saucy because his mommy was all dazzled up in her satin green dress, OR if he was preparing for his very first Mother's Day.  Either way...I'm glad to know that Henry loves weddings as much as I do.

Here are a few shots from wedding day...

family photoPerks Family Photo!


sexy 7 at lynn's weddingThe Sexy 7!


colin lynn shubs nathanDaddy Perks, Lynn the Bride, Mommy Perks, Nathan the Groom


court shubs ktpAunt Court & Aunt KTP!



I was reminded on Saturday just how amazing it is to witness the beauty of a wedding.  It's incredible to be a part of two people choosing to come together to declare their love for one another in front of God, their family, and their dearest friends. I know Henry couldn't see the beautiful bride or all the smiling faces that helped to celebrate this wonderful occasion, but I know one day we'll show him pictures of Mommy's belly peaking out of that green dress, and he'll know he got to be a part of something wonderful.

4 comments:

Tiff said...

Hey Mommy Perks!
You don't know me, but I've been secretly stalking your blog, so I decided I should come out with it! LOL! I'm a friend of Rach, and clicked on her link to your blog one day. I'm 15 weeks pregnant, so it's fun to read your blog and to get some honest insight into some things that might be coming up! :) I told Rach that I thought you were hilarious! You're a great writer, very witty and funny! :) I enjoy reading.
You looked great at the wedding!
I'm sure I'll continue to stay updated on whats going on with the Perks! :)

Abby said...

Get it Momma Perks! You look hot, sister!

Rachie said...

You need to wear that greenish color every day of your life. You look AWESOME!!! And I'm lovin' the southern pearls...tell Colin that I taught ya that;).

Ashley said...

you look adorable!!! love ya :)