Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Celebrating Aunt Mego's 3-0!

My goodness, Henry and I had a BUSY weekend!

And by Saturday night I had the swollen ankles and feet to prove it.

On Friday I travelled to northern Ohio in honor of my lovely sister-in-love, Megan's 30th birthday celebration.  I spent the weekend with some fabulous ladies celebrating Megan in true fashion.  We stayed in a gorgeous condo in Sandusky, Ohio and on Saturday we spent the day on the island of Put In Bay.  It just so happened to be Pirate Weekend on the island which turned out to be free entertainment at its best.  I'm actually quite glad that my little man experienced the weekend in utero seeing as not everything we saw/experienced in Put In Bay was what one might call "G-Rated."

It was so great to sneak out of town for a few days.  I tried to soak in every last second of the trip seeing as soon enough I won't be able to get away for a "girls weekend" quite so easily.  Here are a few shots from the trip:

Mego 3-0 001Mimi Pat & Aunt Mego (aka my Mother-In-Law & Sister-In-Law)


Mego 3-0 004Some of the fabulous girls on the trip...just before we boarded the Jet Express to Put In Bay!


(Henry was one lucky little man to spend the weekend with such a good looking group of ladies!)


Mego 3-0 005A little belly rub/love for Henry!


Mego 3-0 020Group shot of us hangin' on Put In Bay Island!


We had such a great time dancing and singing the night away.  In fact, I'm sure at some point Henry might have wondered what all the bouncing around was about...but I made sure to remind him that even at 33 weeks pregnant, his mommy still knows how to get down on the dance floor.  Although he did make his presence known by the wee hours of the morning as we took the ferry back home...I looked down to see that my sandals were a bit more snug due to my swollen feet and ankles.  I guess it was his way of reminding me to take it easy as we settle in for the home stretch of his stay in my belly.


I hurried back to Columbus on Sunday because Henry and I were the guests of honor at another baby shower hosted by two very dear friends of mine Kristin and Brande.  Stay tuned to hear all about the monkey madness!


2 comments:

Jacquie said...

Okay, I just adore your dress! Where did you get it?

Bethany said...

where was the condo in Sandusky that you stayed at?? my father-in-law built dozens of condos up there and has a house in a condo development there that's called Point Retreat. it would be so weird if you were staying there!

glad you had a fun weekend :) I went to Put-In-Bay while preggers and it was a blast. Did you have one of the delicious virgin daiquiris at the boardwalk?? I lived on those during my pregnant weekend on the island!