Monday, July 27, 2009

Henry's Posh Pad...

I figured it was time  to update you on the Henry's nursery as we are just weeks away from welcoming our little one home to the Perks household.

But before I do...for those of you just DYING to know...I  did in fact make it home safely from the wedding this past weekend and live to tell about it.  Daddy Perks can relax knowing that his firstborn baby boy will in fact be delivered in Ohio, as his concern was mounting that Henry might have to be born in that developing 3rd world country down south known as Kentucky where they don't even have hospitals -or wear shoes for that matter.

I promise to give you photo documentation of just how 9-months-pregnant I looked as a bridesmaid, but give me a few days to bury my pride far enough underground before I show you any of the dirty details.

Anyways...back to the nursery.  On our way back from the wedding, my parents, Daddy Perks and I made a quick stop at IKEA to pick up the final piece of furniture we needed for Henry's nursery.  It was a bookcase I've been drooling over for quite a few months now, but since we don't have an IKEA here in town, I've had to wait to get my hands on it.  Have y'all (gosh it only takes a few days of being in KY for me to channel my southern twang) been to an IKEA?  Oh. My. Goodness.  This place gives Babies 'R Us a serious run for their money in the sensory overload department.  I'm not kidding when I say one can literally get lost in a place like this.  In fact-my experience in the Land of Good Deals has led me to believe that perhaps I've been wrong all along about being so against those child leashes I've detested for so many years...

kid-leashOnly since I don't have a child just yet...I was hoping I could get one big enough to harness Daddy Perks since he was a crazy daddy-to-be on a mission to snatch up what is apparently the most popular bookcase this side of the Mississippi. Anways, the long and short of it is...we ended up getting what we needed, getting out, and once again-like the wedding, lived to tell about it.

However...I'm going to make you wait on the pictures...

We are working really hard to add some personal touches to the windows and walls of our little man's pad so I want to hold off until some of those special projects come to fruition.

Until then-I've got lots more to catch you up on...but this Mama is still recovering from waddling around in 4-inch stilettos all weekend-so I'm going to go relax for a bit and pray to the swelling gods to give my feet and ankles a  pregnancy "get-out-of-jail-free" card.

3 comments:

IttyBitty said...

Third world country, huh?

Rachel said...

I thought y'all were above that yankee discrimination...:). I am so glad that you were able to make it safe to and from the wedding. I know it was important to you. Now you should just kick your feet up and relax and enjoy this last little smidge of sleep. Love you.

Tucker's Mommy said...

Okay, I'll overlook the KY comment.... LOL!

I love Ikea too! So worth the drive from time to time!
Can't wait to see Henry's monkey room!
And I'm sure you put all 9 month pregnant women to shame in your bridesmaid attire!