Friday, July 3, 2009

Monkey See...Monkey Do

Henry is one lucky little man.  And I'm not just saying that because I'm his momma :)

On Sunday evening, another wonderful shower was hosted in honor of Henry's arrival.  Together, my belly and I spent the evening being spoiled by some of  my dearest friends in the world.  Not to mention, Henry scored some serious loot.  And the best part is...he gave me permission to brag about it on LIFOP.

First off, I must brag about the incredible job that the hostesses with the mostest did!

monkey shower 1Brande, Myself, Kristin



I can't say enough good things about these two ladies... they made sure everything from the invitations to every last shower detail were a barrel of monkey fun!

Check out some of intricate details...

monkey shower 2So creative!


monkey shower 3A delicious monkey cake & bottles as flower vases...


monkey shower 4Monkeys in Barrel!


monkey shower 5The fabulous sign we'll use to announce Henry's arrival when we take him home!


They even left room to add his height and weight at the bottom :)


monkey shower 6We played a game called "Guess the Celebrity Baby!"


monkey shower 7Kristin had her Mom make bibs and onsies for Colin's two favorite football teams in the world.


Henry is now fully equipped with all the Penn State and Pittsburgh gear a baby boy could ask for :)


monkey shower 8There was a "make-your-own-onsie" station out on the deck!


So like I said...these ladies had it all covered!  It meant so much to me that they were so thoughtful to include so many fun monkey details.   Have I mentioned we're screwed if this kid doesn't like monkeys?  I mean seriously...if Henry has some strange case of  "maimouphobia" (yes I did look up the scientific term for a "fear of monkeys") then he will literally be scared of his own room and many of his newly acquired possessions.


Speaking of which...check out some of the goodies he received...


monkey shower 9His very first "wooby."  It even had his name embroidered on it!


monkey shower 10Yes-you are seeing those correctly.  Henry is the proud owner of his very first Jordans.


(Ash if you're reading this...tell Jason he's got these to look forward to!)


monkey shower 11And you thought Monkeys were only brown...


monkey shower 12Adorable framed art to help decorate the nursery!


monkey shower 13Henry's 1st Halloween Costume!


Daddy Perks showed up towards the end of the shower to check out all the goodies and perform his fatherly duty of carrying everything out to the car!  Here's a shot of us!


monkey shower 14



We are so incredibly grateful for all the love and support we have from our loved ones as we get ready for the arrival of our little Henry.  We can't wait for him to meet you all!

7. more. weeks.  (OR LESS!)

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Thanks for the shout out on the blog!! I was pretty excited, I even called Jason in to show him :) I am so excited to see you!!!! Love ya

Nick said...

At this point, I don't think Henry is going to have much say in deciding his favorite animal.
"Gosh, mom, you guys are so controlling!"
...(kick kick)...

Abby said...

OmiWORD the Jordan's are PRECIOUS! Baby B doesn't have any of those yet, but it is rumored that his uncle is all over it as soon as he can walk.

You're getting so close - and still looking gorj! Hope that you're enjoying your summer :)