Saturday, August 29, 2009

One Last Lazy Saturday...

Although at this point we can all agree that we wish Henry was here...Daddy Perks and I are doing the most to enjoy our last baby-free Saturday.

We went to my brother's football game this morning, curled up on the couch and watched a movie, took a 3 hour nap this afternoon, and we've got some friends coming over for dinner.  Something tells me that next Saturday's agenda won't be quite so care-free?

**Special shout out to my dear college friend Meredith who is walking "down the aisle" as we speak.  My less-than-cooperative baby boy has obviously prevented me from being in Indianapolis for her wedding today, but I'm certainly there in spirit.**  Love you Mere!

Thank you SO much to all of you for your calls, texts, and messages-they have truly gotten me and my belly through these past few days.

And for the record...I am well aware that spicy food and other ahem-"adult activities" are supposed to induce labor.  Believe me when I say WE HAVE TRIED IT ALL.

For those of you who are fans of countdowns...at this point we are talking mere hours until our "poky little puppy" finally makes his debut into the world...

We head to the hospital in 70 hours! (OR LESS for all you optimists out there!)

3 comments:

Tiff said...

What a great way to spend your last baby-less Saturday! Praying for you, Daddy Perks, and Baby Henry over the next 70 hours! YAY!!!

Rach said...

Praying for you and Colin and that little sweetie cuddled up in utero. He is going to be in your arms in no time! Just know that I have been checking your Web site 1,000 times a day. So a text alert would be fabulous:). Haha. It's all going to be a piece of cake;).

Claire said...

Have you tried jumping jacks? I don't think that's the safest idea, but i vividly remember my mom at her wits end when she was pregnant with my sister ann in the basement doing some gentle jumping jacks and her water broke. I was 4! Good luck! you're a tough cookie.