Sunday, August 9, 2009

Welcome to Monkeyville...Population: Baby Perks.

Gosh I hope He(nry) likes monkeys.

We've been working tirelessly to create the posh-est baby pad ever for our little Henry.  Months ago Daddy Perks had a fantastic idea to hang monkeys from a vine in the nursery...and that was just the beginning.  Over the past couple weeks, Hank's nursery has transformed into a full-blown monkey jungle.  And we LOVE it.

As promised...here is a sneak peak of what our little man will come home to after we leave the hospital.  He will officially reside in the coolest room in the house.

Let's take a virtual tour shall we?!?

Enter into Henry's room...

Henry's Nursery 007This is what you see as you walk through the door into his nursery.


Now turn to the left...


Henry's Nursery 003This wall obviously is home to his changing table and crib.



Above his changing table we decided to frame some art from the original Curious George book...

Henry's Nursery 005We couldn't be more pleased with how these turned out...nothing like spending $7 on a book to get some really cool art!


Henry's Nursery 006We can't wait for OUR curious little monkey to be here :)


Ok...now turn to the opposite wall....


Henry's Nursery 012Glider and Bookshelf.


Here's a few close-ups of some of the cubes in his bookshelf...


Henry's Nursery 013His growing shoe collection..complete with Jordan's, Crocs, Loafers, Boat Shoes, Keds, Monkey Slippers...and the list goes on.


Henry's Nursery 014Lots O' Books.


Henry's Nursery 016We chose this bookshelf because of all the storage space...it can be filled with totes, books, and maybe a monkey or two...


Henry's Nursery 008We got this bookshelf at IKEA...it was quite the steal.



Close-up of the crib bedding and monkey mobile...


Henry's Nursery 017Cozy huh?


Now we turn around to see the view to his bathroom...and yes-he does have double closets.  And yes-we could currently fill both of them with his insanely large wardrobe.  But I could do a whole post on his wardrobe alone...so we'll head straight to the bathroom...


Henry's Nursery 019


The best part...I came home last week to find that my sneaky mom and sisters had decked out the bathroom without me even knowing.


It was a total surprise!


Henry's Nursery 023Just delicious, don't ya think?


Once again...a few close ups...Henry's Nursery 020Sink and counter-complete with soap dispenser, soap holder, cup & toothbrush holder.


Henry's Nursery 024And of course...what bathroom would be complete without monkey hooded towel?


And there you have it folks.  I could post more pictures-but let's assume if you're that interested...at some point you'll making a visit to the Perks Household to meet Baby Henry-and you can see his room for yourself in person.


Make sure you leave a comment to let me know what you think...creative minds MUST pull together to let me know if there's any last minute touches we need to add before the big arrival.  (PS-over 200 of you visit this site on a daily basis...which means I should be getting LOTS of help!)


For now-I'm off to dream of my little monkey.


After all-he's due in just 14 short days.


Can you believe it?


6 comments:

Rach said...

Yea!!! I am the first to comment!!! I was going to ring your neck if this was not posted by today as promised. Henry's room is a little boy's dream. So much fun. I can just picture him reaching up for those monkeys. And the bookcase is a really cool touch. But my favorite find has to be the framed monkey prints from a book. So resourceful and whimsical. I love them and will steal your idea at some point! XOXO.

Ashley said...

So stinkin cute !! I absolutely love it and I know that Henry will as well. I cannot believe how close you guys are to finally meeting your little man. I cannot wait to meet him too :) Keep us posted, love ya!

linseyagardner said...

I absolutely love the room! Specifically, I really like the artwork from Curious George and the IKEA bookshelf. It's actually the same one I've been eyeing! Good luck with everything. I'll be reading :)

Jaime Burke said...

Linz it looks so perfect!!!! So much so that I just teared up looking through the photos and I was just there!!! ha! I'm a nerd, I know - but honestly it is AMAZING!!!! I'm so excited - great job to both you and colin!!!

Tiff said...

I LOVE it!!! I esp love Henry's name and the pics from curious george! How creative! (I'll have to keep that one in mind! :) You did a GREAT job! Henry will be one happy little monkey! You can just see all the love that was put into creating the best nursery for your sweet baby boy!!! Love it!!!!

Abby said...

Love it! The Curious George art is perfect (and frugal! bonus!), and that bookcase is amazing.

I'm thinking I might have to find a place in our house for one!

Can't wait to meet Mr. Curious himself ;)